Competency 1 Unit Course - LIB 1
||LIB-1 - Information Competency 1
Presents the fundamentals of the effective use of libraries, electronic
databases and retrieved information. Students will learn how to express
information needs, access information from appropriate sources, evaluate
retrieved data and organize it to solve problems. Information values
and ethics will also be introduced.
*[Transfers to UC; Meets CSU information competency
WebAdvisor or Phone Reg (951-779-3100)
to get your registration
date 1-2 months before the term begins. You will
be able to register on or after this date.
for LIB 1on WebAdvisor;
- On your registration date
you will be able to register via WebAdvisor or
New users will be asked to change their WebAdvisor
password (originally your 6 digit date of birth,
ex: 06-05-81). Adding and dropping can also
be done over
WebAdvisor or Phone Reg.
Students who took the course
- Good class!
- This class is well organized
- The instructors were beyond helpful. They explained
interesting, useful techniques in class.
- I learned better ways to look things up for researching
material. This class is a great learning experience.
- I feel it helps the overall online experience and
the searches I perform for school are better critiqued.
- For those who would like to know more about researching
via the Internet and libraries...here's a course